TEACHERS SERVICE COMMISSION
REPLACEMENT OF TEACHERS WHO EXITED SERVICE IN PUBLIC PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOLS – FEBRUARY, 2021
The Teachers Service Commission is declaring 1,550 vacancies to replace teachers who exited service through natural attrition (1,119 posts for primary schools and 431 posts for secondary schools). The teachers recruited will serve on Permanent and Pensionable terms of service.
To qualify for recruitment, a candidate should meet the following basic requirements:
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Must be a holder of a P1 certificate in the case of primary schools and a minimum of a diploma in education in the case of secondary schools;
- Must be a registered teacher with Teachers Service Commission.
Manner of Application
Interested and qualified candidates for secondary school vacancies should submit their applications online through the Commission’s website, www.tsc.go.ke under ‘Careers’ or teachersonline.tsc.go.ke not later than 8th March, 2021.
Primary school vacancies will be filled using the 2020/2021 Merit Lists generated in September 2020. Successful candidates will be informed by the County Directors of the counties where they were merited.
Specific information on available vacancies per county/or schools is in the Commission’s website: www.tsc.go.ke.
Please note that:
- To qualify for appointment on permanent and pensionable terms of service, a candidate should be eligible to serve for a minimum period of ten (10) continuous years, effective from the date of first appointment as required by law;
- The Teachers Service Commission Recruitment Guidelines for Recruitment of Teachers – 2020/2021 shall apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- In the case of primary schools, successful candidates will be posted to serve in any part of the country where vacancies exist and not necessarily in the county where they were recruited.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce original professional and academic certificates;
- Successful candidates must not fill more than one Application for Employment Forms. Filling of two or more Application for Employment Forms will lead to disqualification;
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously been employed by the Teachers Service Commission;
- Manual applications will not be accepted.
- For detailed information on available vacancies per county/or schools, applicants are advised to visit the TSC Website www.tsc.go.ke
The Teachers Service Commission is an equal opportunity employer and persons with disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
The recruitment exercise is free of charge. The Teachers Service Commission would wish to forewarn applicants against fraudsters who might extort money from unsuspecting persons purporting to assist in recruitment.
REPORTING OF FRAUD
Any fraudulent activity should be reported to the nearest TSC office or Teachers Service Commission headquarters through the following telephone lines: Director Staffing (0202892193) and Deputy Director – Staffing (0202892131) or write to the Commission through the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, any such fraudulent activity should be reported to the nearest police station.