Its mandatory for every student in Kenya to take personal accident insurance cover before being accepted for attachments or internships.
Students and parents in Kenya find it so difficult to get insurance companies that offer students personal accident covers in Kenya. It is therefore required of all interns employed by TSC to have a personal accident insurance cover
Personal Accident Insurance is a policy to cover individuals and groups from the physical injuries and financial loss. It covers among other things death, Permanent Disability, Temporary Total Disablement, accidental medical expenses, funeral expenses, hospital cash, artificial appliances. This type of cover is a hybrid of two products, life insurance and medical insurance as it caters for bodily injuries and also covers pure financial indemnity to the insured in form of death and disability benefits. Insurance premiums for PA insurance policies have duration of one year and insurance premiums are paid annually.
The KCB personal life insurance also covers medical expenses and funeral expenses income due to disability from an accident, medical expenses and funeral expenses arising from an injury as a result of an accident.
- Family security
- Great cover at a lower premium
- Easy claim method
- Legal and observance expenses lined
- Double indemnity for death/ incapacity whereas travelling in a public transport
2. PESABAZAAR.comthis is a Kenya’s premier aggregator that provides online insurance comparison services for car, medical, property and life insurance in Kenya. It is the one stop shop to compare and save money on your premiums, we are committed to finding you the right products that fit your needs at the best price available in the market.
3. STANBIC BANK PERSONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE COVERYou can have greater peace of mind and ensure that you have protection when you need it most. If an accident to you or any of your family members results in a permanent injury, a hospital stay or even death as the result of an accident you will receive a cash payout.
The cover includes the following benefits: –
- Accidental Death – Pays lump sum benefits to the named beneficiaries in the event of covered accidental death to the insured person. The benefit includes funeral cover.
- Permanent Total Disability – Pays benefits to insured if, due to a covered accident, insured is permanently and totally disabled.
- Temporary Total Disability – Pays short term weekly benefits to the insured person for a limited period of time. Limited period of payment usually 52/104 weeks
- Accidental Medical Reimbursement – Pays medical expenses due to an accident and includes costs of artificial appliances i.e. crutches, wheel chair. Typically limited to those incurred within 52 weeks of incident.
The amount of cover is based on a fixed amount per individual and extends to include spouse and children below 18 years.
4. Amaco Student Personal Accident Cover
The Amaco Student Personal Accident Cover is one of the best student accident insurance cover in Kenya from African Merchant Assurance Co. Ltd (AMACO).
The insurance covers the student incase of death , permanent, disability and medical expenses arising from an accident during internships at the place of work and in the learning institutions during the specified cover period.
To contact AMACO for more information on the student cover one can use the following:
Office located at NEXTGEN Mall ,4th floor, Mombasa Road.
Tel: +254 020 220 4000
Cell: +254 726 312 121/738 312 121
5. AIG INSURANCE
AIG is a world leading provider of insurance and financial services with its branches allover the world.The AIG Student Personal Accident Insurance cover is well designed for primary, secondary and university students to cover the risk of financial consequences resulting from accidents.Benefits
- It brings peace of mind for parents and learning institutions owners.
- There is a financial compensation in case of an accident
- Learning institutions can use this policy to attract new and existing students.
For more information one can contact AIG Kenya as follows;
Located at Eden square complex ,Chiromo Road, Westlands
P.O.Box 49460 – 00100 Nairobi
Tel+254 020 367 6000/020 375 1800
Cell:+254 723 600 500 / 723 600 400
This is an insurance policy available for students on attachments or internships in the course of their learning period.