MOST PEOPLE LOOK FOR THE BEST WAYS TO WIN TENDERS IN KENYAN COUNTY GOVERNMENTS. IT IS POSSIBLE FOR ANY BUSINESS ENTITY OF COMPANY REGISTERED IN KENYA TO WIN A TENDER IN ANY ONE OF THE 47 COUNTIES OR ANY GOVERNMENT PARASTATAL.
Tenders are open for every legally registered company or entity in the country. In tender business the supply of goods and services is the key part of the business. All government institutions are legally bound to get all their supplies through a tendering process. So how can one apply and successfully win a tender?
- GET REGISTERED: the first step is to always get registered as a business entity or a company.
- SERVICE HAVE A READY SUPPLY OF GOODS AND PROVIDERS: it is important that you have a good supply of what you want to offer. This saves time after winning the contract since failure to meet the rules of the contract in time is a breach of contract and can lead to a very serious court case.
- Have a financial backing: financial backing is very important. It is good to dfo your research on the financial institutions that can back you with loans guaranteed that you will receive your payments through their accounts.
- Always provide all the information requested in the tender application Tax clearing certificate and shareholding certificate should never be forgotten at any cost. Out-dated tax clearance certificate are not allowed.
- Calculations of tender prices must always be correct.
- In case you are not sure of anything in the tender, ASK so as to avoid misinterpretation.
- Always sign your bid document to avoid disqualification in case of unsigned documents.
- If you are an HDI, remember to claim your points. Points unclaimed are points lost.
- Ensure that you drop the tender into the right box on time. Not even a second late bid by law will be accepted past the closing time.
- Sufficient amounts of samples must be supplied if requested to enable the item to be evaluated under the appropriate technical or clinical conditions. Ensure that any requirements related to compliance with SABS specifications are met.
TIPS FROM THE PROCUREMENT OFFICIALS
- Always go through the bid documents carefully.
- Complete the document in full.
- Do a proper cost analysis when calculating your bid prices. Bids calculated too high or too low are considered unresponsive.
- Inquire about the bid and obtain all the relevant information before completing the tender document.
- Feel free to ask why you were unsuccessful so that you may learn from mistakes made.
- Make sure that you are able to meet all the requirements within the specified time and are able to honor your offer in the event that your bid is successful.
- Do not make any misinterpretations or false statements in your bid documentation. It is a legal document and therefore enforceable by law.
- Quality services and products will improve your track record and good standing with the department. Poor delivery creates a negative impression not only for your business but for all small businesses in general.
HOW TO COMPLETE A TENDER OR BID
Each tender or bid advert indicates where you can collect the documents you will need to fill in to submit your tender and where they should be submitted. The advert also indicates a closing date. This is a very firm deadline, no late tenders can be accepted.