LATEST REPORT IN KENYA COVID 19 UPDATES
These are the measured the president of Kenya Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta gave.
We have received the confirmation of 3 more cases bringing the national tally to 28 cases.
Numerous other suspected cases found negative after numerous testing. Kenya has also registered 1 case of a recovered patient a clear indication of a winning trend in the fight against corona virus,
President Kenyatta assured that the country is implementing strict protocols to combat the virus; he assured that the country is enhancing the testing process for the covid 19 virus.
He thanked jack ma in the help he provided in the fight against the virus.
The Kenyan Government will make targeted state interventions to help absorb the shock caused by the virus. In oder to protect the jobs of people and provide certainty of employers he directed as follows.
The national treasury to move to parliament and increase disposal of funds. the following measures to be taken by the national treasury
- 100% tax relief for persons earning up to 24000
- Reduction of PAYE from 30% to 25%
- Reduction of corporation tax from 30% to 25
- Reduction of turnover tax from 3 to 1
- The appropriation of additional 10 billion shillings to the vulnerable orphans and elderly
- Temporary suspension of CRB listing of any person whose loan account is in areas effective April 2020.
- The national treasury to reduce VAT rate from 16% to 14% as from April 1st 2020
- Improve liquidity in economy by enhancing cash flows.
- 1 billion from universal health kitty to be appropriated for purchase of equipment.
In sharing the covid 19 burden the government has offered a reduction in executive salaries
- President and deputy president 80%
- Cabinet secretaries 30 %
- chief administrative secretary 30%
- permanent secretaries 20%
read also:CORONA UPDATES
all public officers with preexisting medical conditions and those aged 50 years and above and are in job group s and below to take leave or work from home. This oder excludes personnel in the security sector and providers of essential services
CBR reduced to 7% so that banks to reduces their loan rates
CBK to provide flexibility of loans.