The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) announced vacancies for 10,300 interns.
According to advertisements in the local dailies on Monday, applications are to be sent to the TSC by October 23 in the government plan to increase number of teachers in schools countrywide.
The report indicates that 4,000 interns will be posted to secondary schools while the rest will be sent to primary schools.
Below are the requirements:
- registered with TSC in line with Section 23(1) of the Teachers Service Commission Act Cap 212
- be 35 years or below
- have a personal accident insurance to cover for personal risks during the internship period
- possess a minimum of a P1 certificate for those seeking primary posts
- possess a minimum of a Diploma in Education for those seeking secondary posts
- CERTIFICATE OF GOOD CONDUCT
Successful applicants will be earning a stipend of Ksh. 15,000 and Ksh. 10,000 per month for for secondary and primary schools respectively.
The commission cited due disciplinary process that was carried out in conformity with the TSC Act and Code of Regulations for Teachers.
“The list is published in the Kenya Gazette notice no 9481 dated October 4, 2019,” TSC said in a statement.