Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) is an exam administered by Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) to mark the end secondary level.
This exam is usually administered during the month of November and results released before the end of the year. Candidates who sat for the exam can check their results using three ways:
- Using KNEC SMS code 20076
- Using an online KNEC portal
- Visiting respective school
CHECKING KCSE 2018 RESULTS USING SMS CODE 20076
This is the most effective and fastest way of checking for the results. To get KCSE results 2018 by SMS a candidate is required to send an SMS with your Index Number to 20076. The service is viable for all the three network providers in the country Safaricom, Airtel and Telkom networks.
The cost of each SMS is Shs25.
NB: Candidates must wait for official release of the results before sending an SMS.
CHECKING KCSE 2018 RESULTS USING KNEC ONLINE PORTAL
To use this method to check 2018 results you only need to remember your index number and access your mobile phone or computer
Here is the procedure:
- Visit the Official KNEC website (knec.ac.ke)
- Check for the KCSE Results tab, click on it
- Select the year you sat for the Exams
- Enter your Index number.
- Finally click the Submit button.
- Your KCSE results should show on the screen after a while
Finally, candidates can check their KCSE 2018 results by visiting their former schools a day after the official release of the exam.